Cajun Shrimp Salad Recipe
This Cajun Shrimp Salad Recipe is colourful, satisfying and full of bold flavour.
- 2 teaspoon Cajun spice
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb (450g) shrimp, fresh or frozen defrosted
- Cooking spray
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 ½ cups (200g) salad leaves
- 16 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 bell pepper deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 green onions (spring onions), finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro (coriander)
To make the Cajun shrimp –
Mix together Cajun spice, smoked paprika, garlic, salt and 1 tablespoon of water to make it into a bit of a paste. Add in the shrimp and mix till shrimp is well coated.
Heat a skillet over medium till hot and then spray with some cooking spray.
Cook the shrimp in batches for about 2-3 mins per side. Note: you may need to add a bit more cooking spray to the pan between batches.
If you prefer to cook your shrimp on the grill, the preheat to high, spray shrimp with low calorie spray, then place on grill and cook for 2-3 mins per side.
To make the corn –
Preheat grill (or grill pan), spray corn with low calorie spray then grill for about 10 mins, turning frequently so that all sides are charred. Once cool, slice off the kernels with a knife and reserve
(discard the cobs).
To assemble the salad –
Place salad leaves in a large bowl. Then add bell pepper, green onions, cherry tomatoes and corn kernels. Toss to combine.
Add the Cajun shrimp and top with chopped cilantro.
Tips For Making Cajun Shrimp Salad
- Don’t crowd the skillet! Trying to cook too many shrimp at once will cool the pan down and ‘boil’ them instead of frying. Give your shrimp some space and cook them in batches.
- As this is a healthier Weight Watchers inspired salad, I have not included any dressing. However, if you prefer to add dressing, try this recipe for homemade Cajun Vinaigrette Dressing, courtesy of Genius Kitchen.
- Want to really kick it up a notch? Add some extra cayenne pepper to make your Cajun Shrimp extra spicy.
- If you prefer a milder flavour, reduce the amount of Cajun seasoning.
More Flavourful Southern Recipes:
Weight Watchers Points in Cajun Shrimp Salad
This recipe for Cajun Shrimp Salad contains 0 Blue Plan SmartPoints!
Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 905mg | Potassium: 490mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1920IU | Vitamin C: 50.2mg | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 3.8mg