Cheesy Ham and Waffle Breakfast Casserole
This Cheesy Ham and Waffle Breakfast Casserole is everything you love about breakfast in one delicious dish!
- 125 g (4.4oz) leftover ham, cubed cubed
- 6 large eggs
- 500 ml (2 cups) whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 226 g (8 oz) Castello Tickler Extra Mature Cheddar cheese grated
- 300 g (10.5oz) waffles cut into cubes
- maple syrup for serving
Preheat oven to fan assisted 180 C / 190 C / 350 F / gas 4.
Mix together milk, eggs, paprika, and salt in a large bowl.
In a large skillet, layer in half of the waffles, then half of the ham, then half of the grated cheese. Then repeat with remaining half of the waffles, ham and cheese.
Pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
Cover and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Take the skillet out and remove the foil. Return to oven and then cook for another 20-30 minutes.
Serve with maple syrup on the side.
Tips For Making Cheesy Waffle and Ham Breakfast Casserole
What To Serve With Cheesy Waffle and Ham Breakfast Casserole
Greek Yoghurt with Peaches and Pomegranate.
Instant Pot Infused Water.
- For make-ahead ease, prepare the casserole through step 3. Then cover the bowl with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until you’re ready to cook. Please note that additional cooking time may be necessary if cooking casserole straight from the fridge.
- If using a casserole dish or pan that isn’t non-stick, butter the inside of the dish before adding the ingredients.
- I adore the rich, creamy flavour of Castello Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese. But feel free to use your favourite cheese instead. For example, both Gouda and Havarti taste great in this casserole.
- If you prefer, you can swap in bacon or sausage for the ham.
Calories: 683kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 356mg | Sodium: 1890mg | Potassium: 465mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2390IU | Calcium: 760mg | Iron: 6.8mg