Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Chocolate Covered Pretzels are the perfect sweet and salty treat!
- 8 oz (225g) white baking chocolate
- 16 oz (450g) pretzels shape of your choice
- assorted sprinkles and candy toppings
Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
Put uncovered bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then remove and stir the chocolate. Repeat until chocolate is completed melted and smooth.
Dip pretzels into the melted chocolate, shaking off excess chocolate before adding your toppings.
Place finished pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Put tray in fridge for approximately 10 minutes, until chocolate completely hardens.
Store pretzels in an airtight container inside the fridge.
Chocolate Covered Pretzels Dipping Tips
Weight Watchers Points in Chocolate Covered Pretzels
There are 8 Freestyle points in a serving of Chocolate Covered Pretzels.
- Make sure to shake off the excess chocolate really well before coating. Otherwise, the chocolate will drip after you coat then and you will end up with messy pretzels.
- For best results, drip and shake off chocolate for about 30 seconds before adding the toppings. However, you don’t leave it too long, or the chocolate will start to harden and sprinkles won’t stick.
- Hold the pretzels over a plate or tray and to catch your chocolate drips and make cleaning up easier.
- You can choose to either cover the whole pretzel or leave them half-dipped (which how my kids like them).
- I actually prefer to sprinkle the chocolate onto my pretzels, as dipping the pretzel into the chocolate can result in a flat side
- I tend to dip two pretzels at a time to work faster.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 371mg | Potassium: 79mg | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1.5mg