Mediterranean Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes
Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes is an easy, affordable one-pot meal the whole family will love!
Instant Pot Chicken and Potatoes Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice (pimento)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 large chicken thighs bone in and skin on
- 1 cup (237mL) chicken broth or stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic purée
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound (453g) new potatoes halved
- 1 teaspoon of fresh oregano
Instant Pot Instructions:
In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with salt, smoked paprika and allspice.
Add in chicken thighs and coat well.
Heat the other 1 tablespoon of oil in the Instant Pot insert using the sauté mode, then add the chicken thighs and brown on both sides, for about 6 mins total.
Switch off the Instant Pot and remove any excess oil.
Pour in the chicken stock and deglaze the Instant Pot insert.
Add in the rest of the ingredients, place on the lid, lock it and set the valve to the sealing position.
Set the Instant Pot to manual pressure, high pressure for 8 minutes.
When done, allow for a 5 minutes natural pressure release. Then perform a quick pressure release to remove any remaining pressure.
Make it with Gravy (optional):
Remove all ingredients from the Instant Pot and set it to sauté mode.
Make a paste of 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and water, and add to the Instant Pot.
Cook on sauté mode until it thickens, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
If made using boneless and skinless chicken thighs, there are just 3 Freestyle SmartPoints in a serving.
- You need to use new potatoes for this recipe. Cut them in half, but if they happen to be really small you can use them whole.
- Browning the chicken is not a requirement, but it does add a nice depth of flavor (not to mention lovely color) to the dish.
- Chicken thighs work best, as chicken breast might end up drying out during the time it takes to cook the potatoes.
- It is important to always check the temperature of your chicken with a meat thermometer. Your Instant Pot chicken thighs have cooked fully through and are safe to eat when they have reached an internal temperature of 165 F/ 75 C.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 645mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 190IU | Vitamin C: 15.2mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1.7mg