Instant Pot Moroccan Chickpea Stew
Dump & Start Instant Pot Chickpea Stew is easy to make and full of delicious Moroccan flavors.
Instant Pot Chickpea Stew Ingredients
- 3-4 cups (750ml -1L) vegetable stock
- 28 oz (800g) COOKED chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 carrots chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 4 green onions (spring onions), sliced
- 1 bell pepper deseeded and cut into big cubes
- 14 oz (400g) finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
Add all of the ingredients into the Instant Pot insert, but don not mix! *Make sure to keep the tomatoes on the top to avoid a burn notice.*
Cover your Instant Pot, turn the valve to 'sealing’ position, select high pressure and set the timer to 8 mins.
When done, allow for a natural pressure release of 10 mins, and then quick pressure release the rest.
Switch off and open the lid.
Serve your Instant Pot Chickpea Stew topped with fresh chopped parsley.
This contains contains zero Blue Plan SmartPoints WW points!
- You can easily swap other beans like black eyed beans or borlotti bean for the chickpeas.
- Add more or less spice to your taste.
- If you want a thinner stew add 1/2 to 1 more cup of stock. For a thicker stew reduce the liquid
- You can start with fresh juicy tomatoes. Just dice them up small before cooking and remember to put the tomatoes at the top.
- You can freeze Instant Pot Chickpea Soup for easy meal prep. Freeze in individual portions or freeze all of it at once. You can use freezer-safe bags, plastic containers, etc.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 444mg | Potassium: 489mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3476IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 4mg