Jamaican Curry Powder
This Jamaican Curry Powder recipe is vibrant and flavorful, and is ready in less than 15 mins!
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole fenugreek seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole pimento berries allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
If starting with whole spices, toast spices in a skillet over medium heat for about 2 -3 minutes, until fragrant. Remove spices form skillet and let cool.
Add whole spices to a grinder, along with the rest of the spices, and grind.
Store Jamaican Curry Powder in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Jamaican Curry Recipe Tips
- Go easy on the curry powder, start with less than you think you need and add more to taste.
- Curries really do taste better the next day, so cook ahead of time and let stand.
- Sometimes it is best to mix the curry powder with liquid before adding it to your dish.
- You can use the curry powder as a dry rub on some veggies or protein.
Jamaican Curry Powder Weight Watchers Points
A serving of this Jamaican curry powder recipe contains 0 (zero) Freestyle SmartPoints.
More Jamaican Recipes
Calories: 10.15kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.71g | Protein: 0.39g | Fat: 0.41g | Saturated Fat: 0.09g | Sodium: 2.39mg | Potassium: 40.92mg | Fiber: 0.65g | Sugar: 0.09g | Vitamin A: 18.63IU | Vitamin C: 0.38mg | Calcium: 10.77mg | Iron: 0.78mg