Air Fryer Vegetable Kabobs
Air Fryer Vegetable Kabobs are perfect game day fare that is also perfectly healthy.
- 1 cup (75g) button mushrooms
- 1 cup (200g) grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini cut into chunks
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced
- 1 small onion cut into chunks (or 3-4 small shallots, halved)
- Salt to taste
Air Fryer Instructions:
soak skewers in water for at least 10 mins before using.
Preheat air fryer to 390F / 198C.
Thread vegetables onto the skewers.
Place skewers in air fryer and make sure they are not touching. If air fryer basket is small, you may need to cut the ends of the skewers to fit.
Cook for 10 mins, turning half way through the cook time. Since air fryer temperatures can vary, start with less time and then add more as needed.
Transfer veggie kabobs to a plate and serve.
Preheat the grill (or barbecue) to medium.
Oil the grill plate (make sure use an oil approved for your dietary considerations).
Place kabobs on a griddle on the hot barbecue or grill.
Cook for 2-3 mins on each side until they are cooked through.
Transfer to a plate and serve.
Grilled Vegetable Kabobs Tips
You can use other quick cooks veggies too for these vegetable skewers, like eggplant and radishes.
Make sure you cut the vegetables to the same size so they veggie kabobs cook at the same rate.
Cook time depends on size of vegetables - so start out with less time if you are unsure and then increase accordingly.
- Feel free to brush your favorite marinade on the vegetables before cooking. But please note this will change the Weight Watchers points. You can also use some low calorie cooking spray.
- You can vary the spices and herbs to suit your taste. If following a particular eating program, make sure the spices and seasonings are compliant and program-approved. Mix the seasoning and veggies in a mixing bowl before threading. See some suggestions below.
Air Fryer Kabobs Tips
- Make sure to soak the wooden skewers before using them.
- Alternatively, you can use metal skewers for this.
- Make sure the skewers will fit inside your air fryer. You can buy smaller skewers, but if you already have longer skewers on hand do what I did and cut them down using a sharp knife to fit in the air fryer basket (I cut mine to 6.5 inches).
- Air fryer temperatures can vary depending on the make and model, so it is important to always check your food for doneness and adjust the cook time as needed.
- You can cook these on a hot skillet on the stovetop.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Vegetable Kabobs
Weight Watchers Points
There are zero Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving.
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 583IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg