Smoked Chicken Breast
This easy recipe for smoked chicken breast gives you tender and delicious chicken every time!
- 4 large (8oz) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp your favorite rub
- sea salt flakes if needed
Preheat smoker to 250F.
Prepare chicken breast by patting dry and coating both sides of the chicken breast with olive oil, sea salt flakes, and rub.
Place the chicken breasts in the smoker, cover and cook for about 1 hour or until the internal temperature of the thickest part (using an instant-read digital thermometer) reaches 160F.
Remove the chicken breast from the smoker, wrap up in foil, and let rest till the temperature reaches 165 F.
Slice and serve!
- If you brine the chicken remember this brine recipe uses sea salt flakes, not regular table salt.
- If you want your chicken breast to cook at the same rate, then make sure that they are the same size.
- You can serve the chicken breast straight up without the extra sauce rubbed on. The choice is yours.
Weight Watchers Points
Good news, myWW folks. One serving of smoked chicken breast contains just 1 SmartPoint.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 418mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg