Jamaican Jerk Sauce Recipe
This Caribbean Sauce is a super versatile marinade that is full of flavor!
- 10 scallions
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice (pimento)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 - 2 scotch bonnet chilis deseeded
- 3 tablespoons Tamari soy sauce or regular soy sauce, if not gluten free
- 3 tablespoon pineapple juice or orange juice
- 3 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme woody stems removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- To make the best Caribbean Jerk Sauce, make sure to blend it all to your desired consistency. If you like more of a chunky Sauce, blend your ingredients a little less.
- Wear gloves when working with scotch bonnet or other hot peppers.
- Use a sharp knife to deseed your scotch bonnet chilis before using them, or your jerk marinade will be even hotter.
- Do NOT forget to remove the woody stems of your fresh thyme sprigs. You don’t want to blend that up into your marinade.
- Make a Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken Stew using this jerk sauce.
- Use it to add tons of flavor to most any homemade soup recipe. I looooove mixing it into this Jamaican Carrot Soup.
- Serve it on top of the Best Ever Jamaican Rice and Peas.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 2 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of this.
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 398mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 511IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg