Magic Cookie Bars
Magic Cookie Bars are an easy-to-make, deliciously decadent dessert.
9x9 square baking pan
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
Melt the butter in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl.
Stir in graham cracker crumbs.
Line the baking pan with parchment paper.
Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the pan.
Spread the sweetened condensed milk over the graham crackers in an even layer.
Set aside 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips and sprinkle the rest over the milk along with the pecans.
Top with the shredded coconut then sprinkle on the remaining chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 F / 176 C for 20-25 minutes, until the coconut starts to turn golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool before slicing into 9 squares.
Magic Bars Tips
- I find it easier to combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter in a separate mixing bowl before pressing into the baking pan. But if you want to avoid using an extra bowl, you could mix them right in the baking pan before pressing into place.
- The nuts add a delicious crunch to these magic bars so I wouldn’t recommend leaving them out. You can increase and decrease the amount of nuts to suit your preference.
- Feel free to take a shortcut by using pre-crushed graham cracker crumbs.
- If you don't like or want nuts, skip them and add more chocolate chips or coconut chips.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper or foil for easy removal of the bars.
- Allow the cookie bars to cool completely before slicing into nine squares. Otherwise, they will fall apart as you slice them. You may even want to make them the night before and slice them the next day.
- Store Magic Bars in an airtight container in the fridge.
Magic Cookie Bars Serving Suggestions
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 235mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 406IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 1mg