Corn Pudding Casserole
Corn Pudding Casserole is a southern comfort food classic!
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 cups (20oz) corn kernels thawed if frozen
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350F / 175C and lightly oil a 9x13 baking pan.
In a mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, corn starch, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
Beat the eggs in a separate large mixing bowl, then stir in the half-and-half, melted butter and cheese.
Add in the spiced flour mixture and stir until completely combined and smooth.
Fold in the corn and green onions and then pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Tap gently so the batter evens out.
Bake for about 35 -38 mins until the pudding is golden brown around the edges. Test by inserting a toothpick or skewer in the center. The casserole is done when it comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes, then slice and serve warm or cold.
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn
- You can use thawed frozen corn kernels or cut them fresh from the ears of corn.
- To reduce calories, use a bit less cheese and replace some of the cream with milk.
- Make sure the eggs are at room temperature before making this recipe.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of sugar if you want a sweeter corn pudding.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 8 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of this corn pudding.
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 429mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 1mg