Coconut Lime Grilled Chicken Skewers
These tender bite sized chicken grilled to perfection are infused with delicioujs coconut lime flavor.
Servings 8 skewers
- 2 pounds (900g) skinless chicken thighs, or breasts cut into bite size cubes or breasts cut into bite size cubes
- 1/2 cup (120ml) tamari soy sauce, or regular if not gluten free
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
Mix together tamari soy sauce, coconut milk, lime juice, maple syrup, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a mixing bowl.
Add chicken and let marinate for at least 2 hours (up to overnight).
Soak bamboo skewers for 30 minutes.
Thread chicken onto skewers.
Oil the grill grates, then preheat the grill (or griddle pan) to medium-high (direct heat).
Grill chicken for 10-15 minutes, turning them a couple of times, and brushing on more marinade until golden and cooked through. Make sure to use your meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F/74C.
You can reduce the remaining marinade in a saucepan over low heat until it thickens, and brush it over the cooked chicken for extra flavor.
Make in the Air Fryer
Make the skewers like you did in the instructions above using steps 1-4.
Preheat Air Fryer to 350F/180C.
Cook for 12-15 minutes, making sure to turn once halfway through.
There are 5 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving.
- For less calories, use half fat coconut milk.
- The longer you marinate these, the more time they have to absorb the flavors. The flavors may seem strong in the marinade bowl, but rest assured that they’re perfectly subtle once they’re done grilling.
- Make sure to cut chicken in evenly sized pieces so they cook evenly.
- I recommend oiling the grill grates to help prevent the chicken from sticking to the grates, prior to heating the grill up so you don’t get burned. Alternatively, you can preheat the grill and then oil it, just be very careful.
- Don’t forget to brush the skewers with the marinade as they’re cooking to truly enrich the lime and coconut flavors.
- You can even use metal skewers which transmit heat well for grilling.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 913mg | Potassium: 348mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 27IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg