Instant Pot Apricot Chicken and Rice
This comfort food with a tropical twist that will be on the table in a flash.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup (225g) Basmati rice or other rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup (150g) onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 1/2 cups (600ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup (140g) frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup (225g) pineapple
- 15 dried apricots chopped
Step 1. Set the Instant Pot to sauté; add oil and sauté onion for 2-3 minutes until soft.
Step 2. Switch off sauté mode and quickly stir in the garlic. Then add in the chicken broth, paprika, salt, and pepper, and stir.
Step 3. Stir in the rice and place the chicken thighs on top.
Step 4. Close pot, set valve to sealing, select the pressure cook / manual (dependent upon IP model), select high pressure and set the timer to 12-15 minutes.
Step 5. Allow a natural pressure release (NPR) for 5 minutes and then a quick pressure release for the rest.
Step 6. Open the Instant Pot and add the peas and carrots, pineapple, and apricots. Gently stir as not to break up the chicken. Replace the lid and keep warm for 5 minutes before serving.
- Make sure to rinse and drain the rice well before cooking.
- If using frozen chicken thighs, add in individually and cook an extra 6 minutes.
- If using bone in chicken thighs, add on an extra 2-4 minutes.
- Cook time listed does not include the time it takes the Instant Pot to come up to pressure, or for pressure to release.
Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 819mg | Potassium: 981mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 4739IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 3mg