Instant Pot Chicken Nachos
Instant Pot Chicken Nachos are a craveworthy dish full of Mexican and BBQ flavor!
Servings 16 servings
- 1.5 pounds (681g) of skinless chicken breast and thighs
- 1-1.5 tbsp of your favorite bbq rub
- 1 1/4 cups (250ml) of reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of your favorite bbq sauce
- 16 oz tortilla chips
- shredded chicken made with ingredients above
- 12 grape tomatoes halved
- 2 cups (200g) shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- cilantro (coriander), chopped
- sour cream
- green onions spring onions, sliced
- jalapenos sliced
Combine the chicken and BBQ rub in a bowl and set it aside.
Add broth to Instant Pot insert. Add chicken in, pushing chicken down as much as possible under the liquid.
Cover and seal your pot. Select Pressure Cook/Manual on high pressure for 15 minutes.
Allow for a natural pressure release of 10 minutes, then perform a quick pressure release.
Remove chicken from your Instant Pot and set onto a plate or bowl. Shred your chicken.
Remove liquid from Instant Pot and add chicken back in. Next, add about half a cup of the cooking liquid with 1 cup of BBQ sauce (or more, to your taste) and stir it all together.
To make BBQ Shredded Chicken Nachos
Preheat the oven to fan assisted 180C / 200C/ 400 F / gas 6 if using grill.
Spread half the tortilla chips on the baking sheet so they form an even flat layer.
Top with half the chicken, cheese and tomatoes.
Repeat these layers until you’ve used all your ingredients.
Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
Remove the nachos from the oven and finish with chopped cilantro, sour cream, green onions and jalapenos.
There are 8 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving.
- Use reduced sodium chicken broth, especially if your BBQ rub already has salt in it.
- Cut chicken breasts to about the size of your chicken thighs it helps everything cook more evenly and makes it all easier to shred.
- To keep the chicken juicy and avoid a burn notice, make sure you’re covering your chicken as much as you can with the chicken broth.
- If you are preparing these nachos ahead of time, you can make the chicken but wait for the nacho chips until you’re ready to eat them so the chips don’t get soggy.
- The total cook time does not include the time it takes for the Instant Pot to get to pressure and the time for the natural pressure release.
Calories: 267kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 305mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 305IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 1mg