Peach Crumb Bars
Delicious Peach Crumb Bars taste just like peach pie but are much easier to make!
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups (200g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds (600g) peaches de-stoned and thinly sliced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into cubes
- ½ cup (105g brown sugar)
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Make The Crust Base:
Grease a 9x13-inch (22x32cm) baking dish and line with parchment paper.
Preheat the oven to 350F/ 180C.
Beat together the butter, sugar, and egg together in a stand mixer (or use handheld beaters and a mixing bowl) on medium high until fluffy and creamy.
Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and flour on low speed until just combined.
Press the crumb mixture into an even layer in the baking dish.
Chefs tip = > To make this task easier, place scoops of the mixture all over the bottom of the baking dish, then simply push them together with your fingertips.
Chill the crumb base in the refrigerator while making the remaining layers.
For The Peach Filling:
De-stone and cut fresh peaches into 1/4-inch (6mm) or thinner slices and add to a mixing bowl.
Mix in the vanilla, nutmeg, lemon zest and sugar and set aside.
Make The Crumb Topping:
Add all the crumb topping ingredients into a food processor and whiz on low speed until it comes together as small crumbles (make sure they are not too fine).
Then toss with your fingers until slightly larger crumbs form (no large than a pea).
Assemble The Bars:
Remove baking dish from the fridge.
Spread an even layer of the prepared peaches mixture on top of the chilled crust.
Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the peaches, without pressing down.
- For the best results start with fresh peaches that are firm yet ripe.
- Feel free to use white donut peaches instead - but do note these are a little sweeter than regular peaches.
- Cool the baked bars to room temperature or chill for at least an hour before cutting them.
- You can use canned peaches if you prefer.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 10 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 116mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 503IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg