Instant Pot Cherry Jam
Make this Instant Pot Cherry Jam in just a few minutes with a handful of everyday ingredients!
- 2 pounds (900g) frozen pitted cherries
- 1 cup (340g) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds
Mix the cherries, maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice inside the Instant Pot insert.
Cover the Instant Pot, turn the valve to the sealing position.
Set to pressure cook/manual on high pressure for 5 minutes.
When done, allow for a natural pressure release.
Open, let cool slightly and mash the fruit to your desired consistency.
Mix in the chia seeds and let stand for about 15 minutes till it thickens.
Transfer to a prepared jam jar.
There are 5 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving.
- Allow the chia cherry jam to cool down sufficiently before mashing.
- Add more maple syrup if your fruit is tart.
- Using a potato masher is the best way to mash the cherries.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 48IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg