Instant Pot Eggnog
Instant Pot Eggnog is a quick and easy way to make this classic holiday beverage!
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 3/4 cup (177 ml) heavy cream
- 4 cups (1 L) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
How To Make Instant Pot Eggnog
Whisk the eggs, sugar, heavy cream, and milk until incorporated.
Pour into Instant Pot and set to sauté mode.
Whisk frequently until the custard begins to simmer and has thickened.
Turn off the heat and stir in the cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
How To Make Instant Pot Eggnog Pot-in-Pot Method
Pour 5-6 cups of water into your Instant Pot and place the trivet in the water.
Set to sauté and bring the water to a boil. Place a pan or a glass bowl on top of the trivet in your Instant Pot and pour in your eggnog mixture.
Whisk the mixture until the temperature reaches 150F / 65C.
Switch the Instant Pot to the warm setting, and continue to whisk until it reaches 160F / 71C.
Stir in the flavorings and then refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Use room temperature eggs. This will help the custard to come together easier.
- Be sure to make the eggnog ahead of time. It needs at least three hours to cool.
- Use an instant-read digital thermometer to make sure the eggnog reaches 160F / 71C.
More Holiday Drink Recipes
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 100mg | Potassium: 216mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 674IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 170mg | Iron: 1mg