Scalloped Corn Casserole
This popular Southern corn casserole is sure to become a family favorite!
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter cooled
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/3 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup (125g) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 cups (600g) thawed frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 cup (75g) crushed cornflakes
Preheat oven to 325F / 160C / gas 3 and lightly oil a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine milk, eggs, melted butter, maple syrup, onion powder, salt, and grated nutmeg.
Stir in the cheese, corn, and cornflakes.
Pour everything into a baking dish and bake for about 50 minutes.
Serve this up with your favorite southern main dish, or as a side on your holiday dinner table.
- Be sure to drain the corn before adding it to the recipe.
- Use a skewer or toothpick to check for doneness. It should come out clean.
- This recipe uses gluten-free corn flakes, but if gluten is not a concern for your family, you can make it using saltines, club crackers, or Ritz crackers instead.
More Southern Recipes & Serving Suggestions
Weight Watchers Points
There are 5 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 204mg | Potassium: 183mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 585IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 3mg