Easy Melted Snowman Cookies
These cookies are fun and easy to make with your kids with premade cookies or homemade sugar cookies and make a great Christmas craft.
Servings 12 servings
- 12 sugar cookies
- 1 ½ cups (400g) royal icing
- 6 marshmallows cut in half
- long orange sprinkles
- black piping gel
Make your sugar cookies according to the package, your homemade recipe or get your premade cookies out of the container.
Microwave your icing for 10 seconds (may need to repeat a few times to get to the right consistency) to thin it out and make it easier to handle in the piping bag.
Add icing to piping bag and snip off a small tip.
Frost your cookies with the icing. Don’t be afraid to let it drip off the sides.
Add your marshmallows toward the back of the cookies as the head. Place your M&M buttons quickly before the frosting sets.
Using your black gel writing type decorators icing, pipe out the arms by the head.
Let your cookies dry and set for 20-30 minutes before adding the eyes to the head with a mouth and attach your orange nose sprinkle.
Recipe slightly adapted from Cook Craft Love.
- If you really want to make these cookies special, rather than just cutting them, microwave the marshmallows to get them to slightly puff up so when they cool back down once placed on the cookie, they’ll look even more melted. To avoid your marshmallows sticking to your hand when removing them from the plate, spray your hand with the cooking spray and carefully pull the marshmallows from the plate and set them on the iced cookies.
- Make sure to use the black gel icing that comes in a tube that is great for small details like the eyes and mouth.
- If making your own royal icing, use clear vanilla extract so you don’t distort the color of the white icing for your melted snowman part.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe to feed a larger crowd for a bigger Christmas party or if you’re making edible gifts.
- If making your own sugar cookies, you should chill the dough 30-60 minutes before cooking so you have a nice thick cookie base.
- For chewier cookies, melt the butter before adding it.
More Christmas Recipes
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 9IU | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg