Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas Casserole
Crockpot Enchiladas is an easy casserole that’s full of authentic Mexican flavor!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 lb (454g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 28 oz (681g) jar of enchilada sauce
- 8 corn tortilla cut into stripes (or a mix of wheat and corn if not GF)
- 15 oz (425g) can black beans drained
- 1/3. tsp chipotle pepper flakes optional or add more to your preference
- 2 1/2 cups (592g) shredded cheese, divided
- 3 oz (85g) of sliced black olives (1 small can, drained and divided)
Place chicken breast in a crockpot.
Top with enchilada sauce.
Cover and cook on High for 4 hours.
Take chicken out and shred.
Return shredded chicken to crockpot and stir in tortillas, black beans, chipotle flakes (if using), and half the cheese and half the olives. Stir.
Top with remaining cheese and olives.
Cover and cook for 50-60 minutes on low until the cheese melted.
- Prefer to have chicken you can slice instead of shred? Then cook for a shorter amount of time.
- Be sure to always check the internal temperature of your chicken with a meat thermometer. When the temperature reaches 165F / 74C, the chicken is cooked and safe to eat.
- You can use chipotle paste instead of chipotle pepper flakes.
- When reheating your Slow Cooker Enchiladas, you may want to add some extra enchilada sauce to help prevent the chicken from drying out.
- Slow Cookers and crockpots can cook at different temperatures. Check your make, model and consult the manual for recommended cooking times.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 8 BluePlan SmartPoints in a serving of this.
More Crockpot Recipes
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 1357mg | Potassium: 478mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1042IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 221mg | Iron: 3mg