Easy Crockpot Salsa Chicken
A super versatile, frugal and easy to make meal that requires just 2 simple ingredients.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound (450g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Cups (16oz) salsa
- 1 tablespoon fajita or taco seasoning optional
Place chicken breast in a crockpot.
Top with fajita seasoning or taco seasoning if using, followed by the salsa.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
Take chicken out and shred. Reduce salsa if you wish.
Return chicken to crockpot and stir everything together.
- Cook chicken for a shorter amount of time if you would rather have sliced chicken instead of shredded chicken.
- If you want a thicker Chicken Salsa meal, you can take out some of the salsa liquid when you’re shredding the chicken.
- I prefer to use smooth, blended salsa for this recipe.
- Use some tongs for lifting out the meat from the Crockpot, or just carefully use your hands.
- When reheating your Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken, you may want to add some extra salsa to help prevent the chicken from drying out.
- In order to stick to Keto, Paleo, and Whole30 dietary guidelines, make sure to check the ingredients in your taco seasoning, fajita seasoning, and store-bought salsa.
- Remember that Slow Cookers and Crockpots can cook at different temperatures, check your make and model, and manual for recommended cooking times.
- There are 0 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 3180mg | Potassium: 1632mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 2134IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 2mg