Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
It's easy to make this satisfying spaghetti sauce in the slow cooker.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound (454g) lean ground beef
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 28 ounces (794g) crushed tomatoes
- 28 ounces (794g) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic purée
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bay leaves
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 bouillon cube crushed (optional, but recommended)
Heat oil in a skillet. Add beef and onion and cook until beef is browned. Drain excess fat and add mixture to slow cooker.
Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix.
Cover and cook for 4 hours on high (not mixing) or 7-8 hours on low (make sure to mix once halfway through).
Adjust seasoning to taste and serve over spaghetti noodles.
There are 4 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving.
- Try adding a quarter cup of red wine for even more flavor.
- If you don’t have Italian seasoning, add in extra oregano and some basil.
- Roasting the herbs and spices before adding them to the crockpot will add a nice depth of flavor to this sauce.
- If you like parmesan cheese as a topping on your spaghetti sauce, try adding some in as its cooking.
- Cooking times may vary depending on the size, make, and model of your slow cooker. Make sure to consult your manual as necessary.
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 577mg | Potassium: 957mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 5mg