Easy Crockpot Hot Chocolate
This is decadent, rich and creamy with a little spice flavoring. It’s easy to make for fall and winter holidays and parties.
Servings 8 servings
- 7 cups (1.75 L) milk
- 1 cup (250ml) heavy cream
- ½ cup (50g) cocoa powder dairy-free
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or more, optional
- 4 ounces (120g) dark chocolate chips
- 2-3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt flakes
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, melted chocolate, marshmallows
Add all your ingredients to the slow cooker.
Cover with lid and cook on LOW for 2- 2 1/2 hours. Stir a couple of times while cooking.
Leave on the warm setting until you’re ready to enjoy it.
- It may help to heat the milk and mix with cocoa powder first before combining with the rest of the ingredients.
- Make sure you continue to stir the mixture as it stays on the warm setting.
- If adding in alcohol, wait to spike your drink until serving.
- If you need to extend the servings a bit as it’s being served, you can add some milk to thin it out a bit and increase the number of servings.
- Sieve the cocoa before adding it into the Slow Cooker to reduce the chance of lumps.
- Do break the chocolate into small pieces so that they melt quicker.
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 498mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 783IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 324mg | Iron: 1mg