Air Fryer Gingerbread Cookies
A quick and easy way to make these beloved Christmas cookies
- ⅓ cup (76g) butter melted
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup (150g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (140g) molasses
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups (360g) flour plus an additional ½ cup (60g), to be added 1 tablespoon at a time if dough is too sticky
Melt butter, then combine with sugar, molasses and egg. Mix in the cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
Stir in flour. If the dough is sticky, add in an additional 1 tablespoon of flour at a time, until it is no longer sticky.
Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Roll out the dough to a quarter-inch thickness and cut with cookie cutters.
Bake cookies at 350F / 176C for 8-9 minutes in the air fryer, or for 12-14 minutes in the oven.
- Don’t skip the chilling process! Chilling helps the dough to roll out smoothly and cook evenly.
- Settings can vary so check these air fryer cookies frequently so they don’t overcook.
- Let the cookies cool completely before decorating. We won't tell if you sneak a plain cookie while you wait.
There are 8 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving.
- Cookies Burn on the Edges - Make sure your dough is rolled evenly. Thinner parts will cook faster resulting in overcooked or burnt areas. Your dough may also be too warm. After you cut out the cookies, pop the tray into the fridge for a few moments before cooking.
- Dough is Dry - You may have added too much flour. Mix in 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until the dough is soft and pliable. Be sure to repeat the 10-minute freezing process.
- Dough is Too Wet - Add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time until the dough reaches the proper consistency.
Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 45mg | Potassium: 197mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 133IU | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg