Chili Cheese Dog (Oven and Air Fryer)
Enjoy a warm Chili Cheese Dog smothered with tangy ground beef chili, melted cheese, topped with a slice of jalapeno all stuffed inside a toasted bun.
Servings 4 servings
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 buns
- 1 cup (256 grams) chili warmed
- ½ cup (112 grams) cheese
- sliced jalapeño pepper served on the side
Air Fryer Version
Preheat the air fryer to 375 F / 190 C.
Prick holes in the hot dogs with a fork.
Place hot dogs into the air fryer basket and cook for 5-7 minutes.
Open the air fryer basket and remove the hot dogs. Place hot dogs into buns, and top with chili and cheese and sliced jalapenos and add the chili cheese dogs back in the basket.
Cook for a further 2-3 minutes till the buns start getting crunchy and the cheese melts.
Preheat oven to 350 F / 180C / gas 4 and line a baking sheet with foil.
Cook the hot dogs according to package instructions and set aside somewhere warm.
Open buns and put them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Add hot dogs to the bun, followed by the chili, cheese and jalapeno slice.
Cover with foil and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted. If you want you can remove the foil and broil for 3-4 minutes before serving.
Grill hot dogs over medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes.
Heat chili in a small pot over medium heat.
Toast buns for a minute over the grill.
Assemble buns with hot dog, chili, cheese and jalapeno slices, then serve.
- Air Fryer cooking time for the hot dog depends on the size of the hot dogs and the preferred doneness that you like your hot dogs to be cooked.
- Make sure to prick the hot dogs before cooking them so they don’t explode in the air fryer.
- You can also slice them lengthwise if you prefer instead of poking them with a fork.
- It is important to note that air fryer temperatures can vary depending on the make and model. I recommend starting with less cooking time, check food for doneness then add more time as needed.
- Put all garnishes on the sides for guests to add on top themselves so they can decide if they want to use it or not and how much of them, especially the jalapeno slices.
- Try buttering the hot dog bun before air frying it for extra flavor.
- Storage - place in an airtight container and store inside the fridge for up to 3 days. I recommend storing hot dogs and chili in separate containers and bread in the cupboard by itself.
- There are 13 WW BluePlan SmartPoints in one serving.
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 1022mg | Potassium: 319mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 348IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 14mg