Comments

1. Sue Robinson says

5 stars
    This sounds lovely, my 11 year old could probably be left to do it herself and make her fee really independent. Food Revolution Day sounds like a fun way to get the kids involved so I might just join in 🙂

2. Sylvia @ Happiness is homemade says

5 stars
    Wow Bintu I love the first picture! Looks beautiful 🙂 I would love to get some carrots now and dip them in your yoghurt dip!

3. Lou @ Eat Your Veg says

Gorgeous pics Bintu and as you well know I’m a big advocate of getting kids cooking too. My monsters are really quite adept at lots of things already and love to join in with savoury as well as sweet makes. I’m going to be putting out a food revolution post later in the week too.

4. Choclette says

Oh it’s so important to get kids helping out in the kitchen and being part of the whole home food scene. I’m sure that’s why I love cooking so much. It’s great to see you getting your kids involved. Great pics and your new board is lovely – all mine are scratched to pieces.

5. Karen says

LOVELY yogurt dip and I must say that the photos would be great if entered into the Yogurt Stylist Contest too! GORGEOUS! Karen

6. Glamorous Glutton says

Love the pics, they look really fresh. I’m sure this dip is something that could be russelled up by a few kiddies and thoroughly enjoyed whilst they feel very pleased with themselves. It is amazing how the example of good food at home makes youngsters strive to make their own as they get older. GG

7. London Unattached says

well, maybe my feeble attempts to cook are a good reflection of your theory…I learnt to cook eggy bread when I was 7 or 8 and that was quickly followed by some cookery lessons at school. ‘A Little Supper’ (a kind of savoury bread and butter pudding with cheese and tomatoes) was the first recipe I ever followed. And I think I made it for my family every weekend for a few months. I bet my mum would have preferred your yoghurt dip!

8. Nazima says

I too strongly believe in having kids involved in preparing food. Mine love it so I shall be joining in with FRD2014. Thanks for the heads up. Love the dip as well – perfect for crudites and so healthy

9. Simone says

I never learned how to cook as a kid and I agree it is so important! I’ll be at taste of amsterdam ( a big food fair here in the netherlands) on Friday where Jamie will be live cooking. Well live through a satellite connection with London but still… 🙂

10. Sarah says

My little ones still too young to get into the kitchen but as soon as he’s old enough I’m going to get him cooking. The dip looks really yummy and totally something kids could help with

11. Elsa says

What a wonderful and worthy cause! Getting kids excited about food 🙂 That dip looks yummy, the mini chefs did a marvelous job!