Chocolate Banana Muffins
Chocolate Banana Muffins that are like chocolate cake and banana bread all wrapped up in one..
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (1/2 cup) (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) soft brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 4 tbsp dark unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda baking soda
Preheat the oven to fan assisted 180C / 200C / 400F/ Gas 6.
Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
Mash the banana together with the lemon juice.
Add the oil to the banana and when combined, mix in the eggs and sugar.
In another container mix together the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and bicarbonate of soda .
Add the dry ingredients to the liquid mixture and mix until just combined. It is ok to have a lumpy batter.
Divide the muffin batter into the muffin cases.
Bake the muffins for between 15- 20 minutes or until the muffins are nicely dark and risen.
Adapted From Nigella Lawson.
Chocolate Banana Muffins Tips
- These are great for using leftover overripe bananas. In fact why not buy extra bananas and leave them to ripen so you have an excuse for making these.
- Ground cardamom works well instead of cinnamon in this recipe.
- Use a good quality cocoa powder and chocolate chips for the best results.
- Chopped nuts like walnuts or almond flakes make a great addition to these muffins.
- Store muffins at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Adding some kitchen paper towels to the stored muffins will help absorb the moisture from the muffins so your muffins stay as fresh as possible.
Weight Watchers Points in Chocolate Banana Muffins
There are 9 Freestyle points in each muffin.
What To Serve With Chocolate Banana Muffins
Any of these 7 easy Infused Water Recipes.
Mulled Pear Juice.
Instant Pot Iced Tea.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 118mg | Potassium: 174mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 2.9mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.4mg