Hello and welcome! I am Bintu and I love creating fresh, exciting recipes with color, flavor and a dash of spice. You will find good food made with real ingredients, ranging from colorful healthy dishes to decadent desserts and everything in between.
I want to get you creating exciting dishes from whatever ingredients you find in your pantry. Anyone can do this, cooking just needs practice and imagination. My other mission is to get people to cook both traditional and fusion African recipes – I was inspired by my grandmother, and I want to inspire you in the same way; African cooking is easy and delicious (my English husband seems to think so, anyway).
I grew up helping my Gran and Aunt cook meals for our super-extended family and through that have tested and retested my recipes a million times so that I bring you only the best recipes for you to enjoy.
I live in a little cottage with two front doors on a farm in the British countryside, surrounded by miles of curving hedges and tiny lanes. I am lucky enough to have access to a kitchen garden, a barn to store stuff, old oak trees with great branches for swinging on (and serious tree-house potential), and a stony yet charming beach. All this inspires me in my culinary adventures.
I adore cooking to music, I have a passion for travel, am teaching myself food photography and styling, and love spending me time with a good book. In between all that, I have two lovely children who also love cooking (especially licking out the bowl when we make cakes).
Treats You’ll find On Recipes From A Pantry
You will find Air Fryer Recipes, Instant Pot Recipes, African Recipes and many more general recipes. A lot of my recipes have detailed step by step instructions along with a lot of accompanying images to help you follow along in your kitchen. I aim to make cooking colourful, easy and fun for you.
Recipes From A Pantry has been featured in Brit + Co, Cosmopolitan, Metro, Good Housekeeping, Greatist, Delish Buzzfeed, Parade, Pure Wow, AO.com, the Kitchn, The Guardian Online, Superfood Magazine, MSN.com, Yahoo.com, Waitrose Online, the FeedFeed, Foodgawker, Yummly, Morrison’s Magazine, At Home Magazine, Psychologies Magazine and Dishing with Delish.
I have been a runner up for the Best of Pinterest Food Awards, the UK National Blog Awards and was shortlisted for the Red Online African Cookbook Competition.
Around The Blog
And lastly, if you’re looking to start your own blog, then head over to my Blogging Resources.
Keep in Touch
**If you are interested in working with me, then please drop me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to connect with you!
Subscribe to my
General Mailing List to get weekly updates straight into your inbox.
A few random fun things………..
- My pantry is so full, that I spend ages trying to find things
- I am Sierra Leonean by birth
- I have a NEED to travel
- Top 5 dream travel destinations – Sri Lanka, New York, Tanzania, Grenada and Italy
- I like music almost as much as I like food. My dancing skills however….
- One day, I plan to be great at origami and passable at drawing
- I live on a farm and in my wellies
- Children’s party games include driving them around the farm in the tractor #bestgameever
- First time Freddy took me to his local beach, I looked at the pebbles in horror and said “you call THIS a beach”
- Favourite fruits – mangoes, pineapple, soursop, papaya and guava
- I don’t like washing up and hide the washing up in the pantry when impromptu guests drop in
- I have 2 freezers. I like being prepared.
- I used to be an entomologist and have a PhD
- I got married in a bright, daffodil yellow dress
- I have 2 girls – they are wonderful, fun and seriously hard work….
- Sad but true, I finish all my Christmas shopping by August.
- The kindle – best invention ever
- My maternal grandfather was a medic in the war
- Favourite Sierra Leone eats – plantains, Jollof rice, stewed black-eyed beans and ginger beer
- Favourite spices – ginger, cloves, baharat, cinnamon, cardamom and caraway seeds