Plantains chips make an absolutely delicious snack that's easy to make with just 2 ingredients!
- 3 Raw plantains thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil or no-calorie cooking spray
How To Make Plantain Chips
Peel and thinly slice plantains.
Salt them and mix very well.
Heat some olive oil in a large pan.
Fry the plantains in batches till they are golden on one side, then turn them over and fry the other side. Note that the second side cooks much quicker than the first side.
Allow the chips to cool before serving.
How To Make Baked Plantain Chips
Preheat oven to 375F / 190C.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a bowl, combine sliced plantains, salt, and oil.
Then transfer the plantains onto the baking sheets.
Bake for 18-22 minutes, until golden brown, turning halfway through the cooking time.
How To Make Air Fryer Plantain Chips
Preheat air fryer to 350F / 180C.
Thinly slice plantains, and toss with olive oil or spritz them with no-calorie cooking spray.
Working in batches, place the sliced plantains into the air fryer basket, and cook for about 10-15 minutes, until they are as golden as you want.
Place chips in a bowl, sprinkle with salt, toss to coat, and then serve.
- Use a mandoline or sharp knife to slice the chips.
- Cut the chips to the same width so that they cook at the same rate.
- It is easy for these to go from cooked to burnt, so watch very carefully towards the end of their cooking time.
- Let them cool before serving as they crisp up more as they cool.
- Use the oil you have on hand. If not following the Whole30 plan, you can fry plantains using vegetable oil or sunflower seed oil.
- You might need to reduce the heat on the oil after turning the chips, as the second side cooks much quicker than the first.
Weight Watchers Points
If made with no-calorie cooking spray, there are 0 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of this.
More Plantain Recipes
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 447mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 1009IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg