Parmesan Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders turn out perfectly golden and crispy every time!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 9 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders Ingredients
- 8 chicken tenders
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup (75g) panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup (50g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp Herbes de Provence
- Salt to taste
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders Instructions
Preheat air fryer to 350 F / 180 C.
Add the chicken and olive oil to a bowl, and mix until the chicken is coated with the oil.
Mix together the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan, herbs, and salt on a rimmed plate.
Add the chicken pieces one at a time to the plate and coat evenly on both sides with the breadcrumbs.
Place chicken tenders in the air fryer basket and cook for 9 to 12 mins, turning halfway through cook time.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders Baking Instructions
Preheat oven to 425 F / 220 C / fan-assisted 200 C / gas 7.
Spray chicken tenders or strips with low-calorie cooking spray.
Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, dried herbs and salt (if using) and decant the mixture onto a plate.
Then coat the chicken tenders with the breadcrumb mix and add breaded chicken to the baking tray.
Bake the chicken tenders in the hot oven for about 15 minutes, until cooked through and golden.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Tips
- Toast the panko breadcrumbs a little bit before adding them to the mixture. This makes sure that you end up with a lovely golden coating. Yes, it is not necessary but it is so, so worth it.
- You can put the breadcrumb mixture in a bag, add in the chicken tenders and shake away. Kids totally love doing this bit.
- Feel free to add other spices and herbs into your panko breading.
- Make sure to press the crumbs down firmly on the chicken strips before placing in your air fryer. The fan is powerful, and if the coating is too loose and not adhered properly it will blow all that deliciousness right off the air fryer chicken strips.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer. Make sure the chicken tenders are not touching each other to allow for maximum air circulation so that they cook nice and evenly.
- Do not overcook the tenders. Otherwise, they become dry.
- Feel free to soak the tenders in buttermilk for up to 6 hrs before breading and cooking as this can make them more tender and juicy.
What Are Good Side Dishes to Serve with Air Fried Chicken Tenders?
Need ideas for what to serve with this? Well, the recipes below are a great starting point!
Mexican Air Fryer Corn On The Cob.
Air Fryer Green Beans.
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese.
Super Easy Instant Pot Mashed Potato.
Instant Pot Potato Salad.
Instant Pot Broccoli.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Weight Watchers Points
As some of the breading falls off of the Air Fryer Chicken Tenders (and is not consumed), a serving of these air fried chicken tenders contains 5 Freestyle SmartPoints.
Calories: 257kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 395mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 1.1mg