Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
This Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup is indulgent and creamy whilst being vegan and super healthy.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
- 700 g 1 ½ lb peeled, deseeded and cubed butternut squash
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 apple cored and diced
- 4 spring onions scallions sliced
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground all spice
- 2 ¼ cups vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
Add everything to the Instant Pot insert, over your Instant Pot, set the vent to 'sealing,' select the manual or pressure cook button (dependent upon IP model), select high pressure and set the timer to 7 mins.
When done release the pressure with a quick pressure release, let the soup cool for a few mins, before pureeing with an immersion blender.
Garnish and serve
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut Milk Top Tips
- Cook time does not include time to come up to pressure or for pressure to release.
- For a thicker soup reduce the liquid by about 0.5 cups, for a thinker soup add an extra cup of stock.
- Feel free to add a little extra coconut milk (this will increase the calories)
- You can replace the butternut squash with pumpkin or other winter squashes according to your taste.
- Other spices you can use instead include cardamom, curry, cumin and coriander.
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup with Apple Weight Watchers Points
There are 2 Freestyle SmartPoints in each serving of Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup.
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup Toppings
You can load up your delicious butternut squash soup with all sorts of different toppings and garnishes. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Crunchy Air Fryer Chickpeas. => try these as an awesome topping or side dish!
- Coconut yogurt
- Apple or pear slices
- Pumpkin seeds, aka pepitas
- Smoked paprika
- Croutons (if not gluten free)
- Parmesan cheese (if not vegan)
- Crumbled bacon (if not vegan)
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Apple Soup Serving Suggestions
If not vegan, you can serve your butternut squash soup alongside these delicious entrées:
Instant Pot Pork Chops.
Instant Pot Turkey Breast.
Parmesan Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Tenders.
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 551mg | Potassium: 788mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 21575IU | Vitamin C: 42.4mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 2.2mg