Parma Ham and Beet Salad
The whole family will love this easy and delicious Parma Ham and Beet Salad!
Servings 8 people
- 4 Medium beets
- 125 g (4 cups) Rocket (Arugula)
- 150 g Prosciutto di Parma
- 100 g (1/2 cup) Feta
- 2 figs sliced
- 4 tbsp sweetened dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 4 tbsp chopped pecans
- Balsamic vinaigrette
Preheat oven to fan assisted 180C / 200C / 400F / Gas 6
Wrap up beets in individual foil packets and bake for 50 mins to 1 hr until tender. Let cool, then peel and slice.
Assemble salad starting with rocket, Prosciutto di Parma, feta, figs, cranberries, pomegranate and pecans and finish with Balsamic vinaigrette to your taste.
Tips for Making Parma Ham and Beet Salad
Weight Watchers Points in Parma Ham and Beet Salad
There are 5 Freestyle Points in one serving of Parma Ham and Beet Salad.
- Scrub the beets with water before roasting.
- Peeling the cooked beets is much easier than peeling raw beets.
- You can substitute for pre-packaged roasted beets if you’re in a time crunch.
- Swap out the pecans for walnuts or the Feta cheese for goat cheese.
- You can make the beets ahead of time and place in the refrigerator for later.
- If you’d like to serve warm beet salad, cool the beets enough to handle but not completely.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 302mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 460IU | Vitamin C: 5.4mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 0.9mg