Instant Pot Polenta Breakfast Porridge
Instant Pot Polenta Breakfast Porridge is tasty, hearty, satisfying way to start your day!
- ½ cup polenta not the quick-cook variety
- 2 cups (500ml) almond milk + 3 tbsp for mixing in after cooking is complete
- 3 tbsp maple syrup + extra for topping
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250ml) water for the Instant Pot
Instant Pot Polenta Porridge
1. Coat your oven-safe dish with cooking spray or olive oil to reduce sticking of the polenta.
2. Add the polenta, 2 cups of almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix well.
3. Add 1 cup of water to Instant Pot insert, then place the trivet in the bottom and set the bowl of polenta on top of the trivet.
4. Cover the pot and set the valve to seal, select the manual/pressure cook function at high pressure, and set the timer for 9 mins.
5. Switch off the Instant Pot to avoid further cooking. Allow for a 3 min NPR (natural pressure release) before performing manually releasing any remaining pressure.
6. Open lid and whisk the polenta until ingredients are fully blended and the mixture us nice and creamy. Next, stir in the rest of the milk.
7. Carefully remove bowl of Instant Pot polenta, decant into serving dishes and add top with maple syrup and nuts.
Instant Pot Polenta Tips
- Use the pot-in-pot (PIP) cooking method to avoid getting a burn message. As a bonus, the PIP method makes cleaning up a breeze!
- This recipe calls for regular polenta, NOT the quick-cooking variety.
- Do not let the polenta stand after cooking or it will solidify. As soon as the natural pressure release is finished, give it a mix and decant into serving bowls while still warm.
- You can vary the flavoring to suit your taste. For example, you can swap in honey for the maple syrup.
- Try topping your Instant Pot polenta porridge with yoghurt, fruit preserves, fresh berries or a handful of granola. Yum!
- Please note that cook time listed does not include time for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure, or for the pressure to release.
Pressure Cooker Polenta Weight Watchers Points
There are 8 Freestyle SmartPoints in a serving of Instant Pot Polenta Breakfast Porridge.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 222mg | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Calcium: 154mg | Iron: 0.2mg