Air Fryer Chicken Shawarma Bowl
This recipe for Air Fryer Chicken Shawarma Bowl is hearty, satisfying and full of Middle Eastern flavour.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
For the Shawarma:
- 1 lb (45kg) boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp allspice
For the bowl:
- 1.5 cup grape (cherry) tomatoes halved
- 1 cup cauliflower rice cooked
- 1 small English cucumber sliced
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1 cup pitted olives
For the dressing (optional):
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of oregano for garnish
Mix together oregano, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, salt and allspice in a small bowl.
Combine chicken, vegetable oil and Shawarma spice mix and toss until chicken is coated. Let the chicken marinate at room temperature for 30mins, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the air fyer to 350 F / 170 C.
Add chicken to the air fryer basket.
Cook for 12-15 mins, shaking the basket at least once.
To make the optional yogurt dressing, whisk together Greek yogurt and lemon juice in a small bowl or measuring cup.
Assemble individual bowls by layering cauliflower rice, salad greens, cucumber, tomatoes, olives and chicken shawarma. Top with the yogurt dressing, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Every Day Easy Air Fryer: 100 Recipes Bursting with Flavor by Urvashi Pitre.
Tips for Making This Air Fryer Chicken Shawarma Bowl Recipe
Weight Watchers Points in Air Fryer Chicken Shawarma Bowl
A serving of this Air Fryer Chicken Shawarma Bowl contains 6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
- It is important to use chicken thigh meat for this recipe so that the meat doesn't dry out during cooking.
- It may seem like a lot of spices to add, but it is sooooo worth it. The spice marinade is what gives your chicken all that amazing Middle Eastern flavour!
- You can also add tahini, chili and/or hummus to your shawarma bowl.
- If not following a low carb eating plan, you can add rice or chickpeas to your bowl, or serve some flat bread on the side.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 1251mg | Potassium: 757mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 740IU | Vitamin C: 42.5mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 2.6mg