Jamaican Sorrel Drink Recipe
Jamaican Sorrel Drink is colorful, refreshing and so festive!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
- 8 cups (1.89 L) water
- 2 cups (256g) dried sorrel
- 1 2-inch piece of ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tsp allspice berries
- 4 cloves
- orange peel
- simple sugar syrup or maple syrup to sweeten
Boil water in pot.
Add in sorrel, ginger, berries, cloves, orange peel and let steep for about 1 hr.
While mixture is steeping, make the sugar syrup.
Strain sorrel juice into a pitcher and sweeten with syrup, to taste.
Serve your Jamaican sorrel drink over ice and garnish with orange and lime wedges.
Sorrel Drink Recipe Tips
- This recipe uses dried sorrel. If using fresh hibiscus, the drink will be a lighter red.
- For a deeper red color, add more sorrel.
- When entertaining a crowd, simply double (or even triple) this recipe.
- Prep it ahead of time and just store in the fridge until needed.
- Spike it with rum for a delicious adults-only version.
Jamaican Sorrel Drink Serving Suggestions
Jamaican Sorrel Drink Weight Watchers Points
There is 1 Freestyle SmartPoint in a serving of this hibiscus juice drink.
Calories: 24kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 12mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 5mg