Slow Cooker Venison and Bean Stew
A warming venison and bean stew
- 2 onions peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 500 g (1.1lb) venison shoulder or shank cubed into 2cm pieces
- Corn flour to coat the venison
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x 400g (14oz) tins of black-eyed beans rinsed and drained
- 200 g (7oz) mushrooms sliced
- 2 X 400g (14oz) tins chopped tomatoes
- 250 ml (1 cup) hot beef stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs of thyme or other herbs like rosemary
Add the onions and garlic into a blender and blend into a paste.
Meanwhile coat the venison pieces in the corn flour and season with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a frying pan over high heat and brown the meat in batches.
Add the meat, and everything else into the slow cooker and cook on high for about 4 hours.
Test after 4 hrs and if it need a bit more time then cook for a further hr.
Adjust seasoning and at this point you can either serve it straight away or leave for a day to mature.
Weight Watchers Points
There is just 1 Freestyle Point in a serving of Slow Cooker Venison and Bean Stew.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 574mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 3.9mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 3.8mg