Cheesy Tuna Casserole
This tuna pasta melt is sure to be a family favorite.
- 300 g (10.5oz) pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen diced onion 1 onion peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen diced bell pepper or I fresh one deseeded and diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp Greek seasoning or dried oregano
- 2 28oz diced tomatoes (2 X 400g)
- 2 X 120g (8.4oz) of tuna drained ( 2 x 120G)
- 6 oz (170g) mozzarella cheese or mixed with other cheese shredded
Preheat the oven to fan assisted 180C / 200C / 400F / gas 6.
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, till almost almost done. You want the pasta al dente.
Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and pepper cook for about 5 mins until soft.
Stir in the garlic for 30 seconds until fragrant and mix in the diced tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove from the heat, stir in the cooked pasta and tuna and transfer into a casserole dish.
Add the cheese one top and bake for 20 mins until the cheese in melted.
- change the vegetables such as adding/substituting with peas, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc.
- top the tuna fish casserole with panko, breadcrumbs, chips, or crispy noodles to add more crunch.
- any type of pasta can work in a pinch, use what you have in your pantry.
- Feel free to used canned salmon instead.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 6 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of this tuna casserole.
Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 778IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg