Easy Hawaiian Pasta Salad
This Hawaiian pasta salad recipe is the perfect way to enjoy a taste of the tropics all year long.
Cold Pasta Salad Ingredients:
- 1 lb (450g) uncooked elbow macaroni or other pasta shape of your choice
- 1 - 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups cubed ham
- 28 ounces pineapple chunks drained and juice reserved for salad dressing
- 2 red peppers deseeded and chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 green onions sliced
- black pepper
Pineapple Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice reserved from the pineapple tins
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard or Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
To Make Hawaiian Pasta Salad:
Cook pasta according to packet instructions (you will want it to be al dente).
Drain the pasta and add in a couple of teaspoons of olive oil to keep it from sticking. Allow pasta to cool.
Meanwhile, make the Hawaiian pasta salad pineapple dressing by adding all ingredients together and whisk till smooth. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, ham, pineapple bits, red pepper, carrots, green onions, salt and pepper. Then add in the dressing and mix the Hawaiian mac salad till combined.
Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
Cover the Hawaiian macaroni salad and chill until you are ready to serve your cold pasta salad.
Hawaiian Pasta Salad Tips
- When waiting for the pasta to cool, add 1- 2 teaspoons of olive oil and toss to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- This recipe typically calls for smooth Dijon mustard, but I love the bite that a whole grain mustard provides.
- You can use the traditional elbow macaroni, but any pasta shape works well. Or make this Hawaiian Pasta Salad with whole wheat pasta or gluten free pasta instead.
- To make this Hawaiian mac salad a bit healthier, I used half fat mayo. But you can make it with full fat mayonnaise if you prefer.
What to Serve With Hawaiian Pasta Salad
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken.
Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken Wings.
Instant Pot Pork Chops.
Weight Watchers Points in Hawaiian Pasta Salad with Pineapple
There are 7 Freestyle points in a serving of this Hawaiian Pasta Salad with Pineapple.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 664mg | Potassium: 276mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 2430IU | Vitamin C: 33.9mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1.2mg