Gingerbread Christmas Granola
A warming gingerbread granola
Gingerbread Christmas Granola: Syrup Ingredients
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
Christmas Granola: Dry Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups (180g) old-fashioned rolled oats jumbo oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 6 tbsp whole almonds
- 4 tbsp sweet dried cranberries optional
- 4 tbsp roasted pistachio nuts optional
Gingerbread Christmas Granola Instructions
Heat the oven to fan assisted 120C / 140C / 275F / gas 1.
Mix syrup ingredients together in a pot and warm gently on the cooker until combined.
Then mix together the oats and nuts, add in the syrup and combine thoroughly.
Spread mixture in a thin layer onto baking tray (you might need two trays) and bake for 20 mins.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Stir in cranberries and pistachios (if you are using) and then serve.
Store in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks.
Christmas Granola Tips
- You need the old-fashioned rolled oats (jumbo oats), not the quick cook variety, for this recipe.
- This is not too sweet - I like my granola that way. But you can double the syrup mixture if you prefer.
- Add even more cranberries and pistachios to suit your taste.
- Feel free to use actual gingerbread spice if you have it.
- Do make sure to cook the granola at the temperature the recipe calls for. If you cook it at a high temperature you risk the granola not drying out but actually burning.
Gingerbread Christmas Granola Weight Watchers Points
There are 8 Freestyle SmartPoints in a serving of Christmas Granola.
Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1.3mg