Instant Pot Tuna Pasta Salad
Make this tasty Instant Pot Tuna Pasta Salad with pantry staple ingredients you already have at home!
- 1 lb (452g) penne or fusilli pasta
- 4 cups (946ml) water
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup (180g) chopped olives
- 1 cup (175g) sweetcorn kernels fresh or frozen
- 1 cup (55g) chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 24 oz (224g) canned tuna drained
- balsamic vinaigrette to taste
- 1 tsp dill the secret ingredient, folks!
How To Make Instant Pot Tuna Pasta Salad
Add in the pasta and water to the Instant Pot insert. Close the lid and turn the vent to the sealing position. Set to manual pressure/high pressure for 4 minutes.
When done, perform a quick release then drain and rinse the pasta.
Stir in the salt, chopped olives, sweetcorn kernels, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and tuna.
Add as much (or as little) Balsamic salad dressing as desired, and top with the secret ingredient, dill.
Stove Top Instructions
Cook the pasta on the stovetop, following the package instructions until it is al dente.
Then continue with steps 3 and 4 above to complete your tuna pasta salad.
- Make sure to rinse the pasta quickly after cooking and before combining with the rest of the ingredients.
- For extra flavor, you can use chicken broth or vegetable broth instead of water. Just adjust the amount of salt accordingly.
- You really do want to keep the time under pressure to 4 minutes, any longer will likely turn the pasta to mush.
- Cooking time does not include the time it takes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure or for the pressure to release.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 10 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this tuna pasta salad recipe.
Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 739mg | Potassium: 1047mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 326IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 5mg