Air Fryer Shrimp Hibachi Dinner
This Air Fryer Shrimp Hibachi Recipe makes it quick and easy to serve up a delicious restaurant-quality Japanese meal.
- 1 lb (450g) shrimp peeled and deveined (and defrosted if using frozen)
- 1 lb (450g) yellow squash or zucchini or baby zucchini cut into quarter-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 lb (450g) mushrooms halved or quartered if large
- 4-5 tablespoon Tamari soy sauce or regular soy sauce, if not gluten free
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Serving of Easy Yum Yum Sauce. to serve
Preheat Air Fryer to 400F / 200C.
Place all the ingredients for the shrimp hibachi in a mixing bowl and make sure everything is fully combined.
Add half the mix into the air fryer basket and cook for 8-9 minutes, turning halfway through.
Remove and add the remaining shrimp mixture and cook for another 8-9 minutes.
Serve air fryer shrimp hibachi as is (low carb) or along with some yum yum sauce.
- If you start with frozen shrimp, make sure to thoroughly defrost and drain them before using.
- This recipe uses jumbo shrimp, not the smaller variety.
- If you have time, let the veggie and shrimp marinate in the hibachi marinade for about 30 minutes and up to 2 hours making sure to stir everything a couple of times.
- Use reduced salt tamari soya or soya sauce if you prefer.
- Try and make sure the veggie pieces are all the same size so they cook at the same rate. Use a sharp knife to slice them.
- Cook time depends on the shrimp as you don't want to overcook these. So make sure you cut your veggies to a good size so that they cook in the allocated 8-9 minutes.
- Feel free to double or triple the recipe to serve a crowd. But you would need to cook this in more batches.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 3 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of airf fryer shrimp hibachi without the yum yum sauce.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1903mg | Potassium: 838mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 337IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 193mg | Iron: 4mg