This Blackened Seasoning mix recipe takes just 5 minutes to make and adds amazing flavor to all sorts of dishes.
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes or to taste
- 1/2 - 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper depending on how spicy you like it
Measure out all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
Next, mix with a dry spatula or whisk.
Then transfer the seasoning into an airtight spice jar or a mason jar (if you make a large quantity).
Blackening Spice Tips
- Sweeten it. After seasoning your food, sprinkle on some brown sugar to add a touch of sweetness and to help caramelize your food.
- Mix up the salt. You can use pink Himalayan salt, Kosher salt, or even the regular table variety. BUT you would need to adjust the ratios of the ingredients you use.
- Vary spices. Feel free to add a teaspoon more or less of the ingredients to your taste. Add-ons I have used include smashed coriander seeds and red pepper flakes. Delish!
- Awesome rub. This makes an awesome rub and works great on meats and fish, which you can then cook up in a skillet, Instant Pot, Air Fryer or oven.
- Grind into a powder. If you prefer you can add all the ingredients into a spice grinder and then grind into a powder.
- Make a big batch. Double or triple the recipe depending on how often you use this.
- Make a paste. Sometimes it is easier to mix the seasoning blend with some oil and make a paste before rubbing on meat, veggies, etc.
- Suitable for various diets. This is suitable for vegan, gluten-free, paleo, low carb, Keto, and Whole30 diets.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 0 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of this.
Calories: 7kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 776IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg