Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks are tossed in Creole seasoning, fried until crispy, crunchy and golden brown and are the perfect meal prep solution.
Servings 6 servings
- 6 chicken legs
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Creole spice or your favorite spice blend
- Salt if needed
Sriracha Mayo Ingredients:
- ½ cup (120 ml) sriracha sauce
- ½ cup (120 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 minced garlic clove or ⅓ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- sea salt flakes to taste
Preheat Air Fryer to 400F/200C.
Mix oil, seasoning and salt if needed together to create a paste like mixture. Mix in chicken legs to cover in seasoning.
Place Chicken Drumsticks in Air Fryer and cook for 16-20 minutes. Turn chicken over half way thru to make sure both sides cook evenly.
Check the internal temperature of chicken at the thickest part of the drumstick. Chicken should reach a minimum of 165F/75C.
Serve and enjoy with spicy mayo sauce or other sauce of choice.
Spicy Mayo Instructions:
In a bowl, mix together mayo and sriracha sauce.
Mix in minced garlic and lemon juice.
Add salt to taste and stir to combine.
There are 8 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of these with the Sriracha Mayo sauce. Without the sauce, there’s only 4 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving.
- To make this recipe healthier, remove the skin from the chicken.
- For more flavor, marinade the chicken legs for up to 24 hours ahead of time in the refrigerator.
- You can mix the oil and seasonings in a ziploc bag and toss the chicken in the mixture to coat evenly.
- If you want, you can dry rub on the seasonings on but I prefer to make a paste like substance with the oil and seasonings first and then rub it on them.
- Avoid opening the basket to check on the legs too much.
- If you want really crispy chicken legs, pat them dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture before applying the oil and seasoning mixture.
- If you prefer “fall off the bone” kind of chicken legs, add a few extra minutes to get your chicken to 180-190F/ 82-88C internal temperature.
- Bigger, thicker drumsticks may take longer.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 771mg | Potassium: 352mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 433IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg