Korean Grilled Shrimp Skewers
These flavorful Grilled Shrimp Skewers are ready in under 15 minutes!
Servings 16 skewers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce or regular soy
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Korean Gochujang
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Red pepper flakes to taste optional
- 2 pounds (907g) peeled and cleaned shrimp, tails still on
Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes before using.
Mix together olive oil, soy sauce, honey, Korean Gochujang, lemon juice, garlic and red pepper flakes if using, in a mixing bowl.
Add the shrimp to the bowl and mix until coated.
You can cook straight away or leave to marinate the shrimp. If marinating, marinate for 30 minutes up to 24 hours ahead. Thread about 5 shrimp to each skewer.
Preheat the grill (or charcoal grill) to medium heat, oil the grates and grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side or until opaque.
Transfer skewers to a plate and serve.
How To Make Shrimp Skewers In Air Fryer
Create the skewers like you did in the instructions above using steps 1-4.
Preheat Air Fryer to 350F/180C. Place shrimp in the Air Fryer, making sure the skewers don’t touch.
Cook for 5-8 minutes, turning skewers halfway through the cook time. Since air fryer temperatures can vary, start with less time and then add more as needed.
- The longer you marinate these Korean shrimp skewers, the more flavor they’ll have.
- It’s better to use the larger shrimp so they don’t fall between the grates while cooking and so they cook evenly since shrimp cook so quickly.
- I recommend oiling the grill grates before turning on the grill if you can so you don’t get burned.
- Metal skewers are great for grilling because they transmit heat well.
- Using flat skewers is ideal for shrimp so they don’t twirl around the round skewer.
- No time to soak the shrimp before marinating? No problem. Use grill plates to help keep the shrimp plump and juicy.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 2 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving.
Calories: 76kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 567mg | Potassium: 58mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1mg