Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Popsicles
These easy to make Pumpkin Pie Popsicles are a deliciously creamy frozen treat!
- 1 cup (225g) pumpkin pureé
- 1 ½ cups (375g) Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons melted dark chocolate
- 6 gingersnap cookies
- ¼ cup (30g) chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
To make the popsicles:
Combine pumpkin purée, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, and 2 tablespoons maple syrup in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well and set aside.
Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave using 15-second increments, stirring well. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine the melted chocolate, 1 cup Greek yogurt, and the remaining maple syrup (or more if you like them sweeter).
Add cookies and chopped walnuts to a small Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin.
In a small bowl, mix the crushed cookies-walnut mixture with the melted butter.
To assemble the popsicles;
Layer the popsicles molds with the pumpkin base and then chocolate base until the molds are almost full.
Top each with the cookie-walnut mixture.
Place a popsicle stick in each mold.
Freeze for at least 6 hours (preferably overnight).
- You can use store-bought canned pumpkin pureé or homemade pumpkin pureé (see the section below to learn how).
- Please note this uses pumpkin pureé, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Silicone molds are the best as you can remove the popsicles easier.
- Use a spoon to carefully push the layers down into the molds.
- Make sure to fill the molds only about four-fifths full, as the popsicles will expand during freezing.
- Gently tap the popsicle mold on the tabletop a few times to remove air bubbles as well as to even out the mixture.
- Feel free to swap out some of the ingredients. See the swap ideas below.
More Frozen Desserts
Weight Watchers Points
There are 7 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 4854IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 2mg