Instant Pot Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Instant Pot Pulled Chicken Sandwiches are made with moist and juicy shredded chicken breasts and thighs, smothered in your favorite BBQ rub and sauce.
Servings 12 sliders
- 3 pounds (1.35kg) boneless skinless chicken breast and thighs
- 2-3 tablespoons bbq rub
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 cup (240ml) bbq sauce
- 12 sandwich buns or sandwich rolls or slider buns
- Coleslaw for serving
Combine the chicken and BBQ rub in a bowl and set it aside.
Add broth to Instant Pot insert. Add chicken in, pushing chicken down as much as possible under the liquid.
Cover and seal your pot. Select Pressure Cook/Manual on high pressure for 15 minutes.
Allow for a natural pressure release of 10 minutes, then perform a quick pressure release.
Remove chicken from your Instant Pot and set onto a plate or bowl. Shred your chicken.
Remove liquid from Instant Pot and add chicken back in. Next, add about half a cup of the cooking liquid with 1 cup of BBQ sauce (or more, to your taste) and stir it all together.
To make BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches:
Split sandwich buns or rolls.
Top the bottom bun with a scoop of Instant Pot shredded chicken.
Add coleslaw and close up your sandwiches.
Serve and enjoy!
- Cut chicken breasts to about the size of your chicken thighs.
- Use reduced sodium chicken broth, especially if your barbeque rub already has salt in it.
- If you prefer, you can brown the chicken before cooking it.
- Using a mix of chicken breast and thighs is the best combination of flavor.
- To keep the chicken juicy and avoid a burn notice, make sure you’re covering your chicken as much as you can with the chicken broth.
- To make reheating easier, freeze in the right portion sizes that you need for the future.
- The total cook time does not include the time it takes for the Instant Pot to get to pressure and the time for the natural pressure release.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 7 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of this.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 694mg | Potassium: 562mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 105IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 3mg