Instant Pot Apple Cider
Instant Pot Apple Cider is easy to make and full of amazing fall flavor!
- 8 apples roughly chopped
- 1 orange sliced
- 2 clementines sliced
- half a lemon sliced
- 1/3 cup (113g) maple syrup or to taste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 6 cardamom pods split
- 1 star anise
- 4 1/2 cups (1.125L) water or enough to cover the fruit
Place the chopped apples, orange, clementines, lemon, maple syrup, cranberries, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, and cardamom pods into the Instant Pot insert.
Add enough water to the pot to make sure the fruits are completely covered (about 4 1/2 cups / 1.125L).
Place the lid on and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Allow to naturally release on its own, or you can do a quick release after 10 minutes.
Mash the fruit with a potato masher to release the juices.
Carefully strain using a fine-mesh sieve. Discard the solids and store the cider in an airtight container for up to a week, or freeze for later use.
- Allow the cider to cool down sufficiently before mashing the fruit.
- Add more maple syrup if t is not sweet enough.
- This cider recipe has a slight zest due to the orange and lemon peel. If you would rather not have that flavor, simply peel the orange and lemon before adding in.
- Cooking time listed does not include time for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure, or for the pressure to release.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 2 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of this.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 313mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 135IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg