Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs
Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs is the ultimate comfort food and the most flavorful hands off, effortless dinner that the whole family will love.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 15- ounce (400g) can diced tomatoes (Add another for more sauce)
- 1 15- ounce (400g) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/3 cup (300ml) beef broth
- 2 tbsp honey or to taste
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp minced garlic optional
- 1/2 tsp onion powder optional
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb (450g) meatballs
- 8 ounces (100g) spaghetti, broken in to two
- Optional toppings - herbs and Parmesan
Mix the tomatoes, beef broth, honey, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powder (if using), salt and pepper together in a 6qt Slow Cooker.
Mix in the meatballs, close and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low heat.
Mix in the spaghetti making sure it is submerged in the sauce and cover and cook for another 30 minutes on high or until the pasta is tender to your liking.
Ladle into bowls and top with herbs and cheese before serving.
- Make sure the pasta is completely covered by the beef broth and other cooking liquid before cooking.
- When storing leftovers, put in single serving containers to make reheating easier.
- If you like a thinner sauce, you may want to add more broth to your Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs sauce.
- Break the dry spaghetti into thirds. This will help the spaghetti fit in your crockpot.
- Slow Cooker temperatures may vary depending on your make and model, check internal temperatures of meatballs and tenderness of pasta before eating. You may find that your pasta dinner is ready in less time.
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 452mg | Potassium: 701mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 261IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 3mg