Crockpot Green Beans And Bacon
This super easy and adaptable green beans dish is full of flavor everyone will love.
Servings 10 servings
- 2 pounds (908g) green beans trimmed
- 8 slices cooked bacon cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup (118ml) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter or bacon drippings
- 1 onion sliced and sautéed
- 1 teaspoon garlic puree
- Salt to taste
- Red pepper flakes optional
Add all the ingredients into the crockpot.
Mix, cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 -3 1/2 hours, without opening the lid.
- Make sure to snap the top and tail of your fresh green beans.
- If using salted butter, you may not need to add much salt. Be sure to salt to taste as necessary.
- Make sure your onion is cooked before adding to the slow cooker.
- If you’re cooking your own bacon, you can cook some onion for this.
- These beans are best served warm. As they cool, the butter and bacon fat will congeal, so enjoy them while they’re warm.
- Remember to stir gently so the beans don’t fall apart.
- If you like softer green beans, opt for the longer cook time.
- Cooking times may vary depending on the size, make, and model of your slow cooker. Make sure to consult your manual as necessary.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 3 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving.
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 169mg | Potassium: 249mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 661IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg