Benihana Ginger Sauce
A versatile Japanese steakhouse style dipping sauce
- 1 onion peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- ¾ inch (2cm) piece fresh ginger peeled and roughly sliced
- ¾ cup (175ml) Tamari soy sauce or regular soy sauce if not gluten free
- ½ cup (118ml) rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or more to taste) optional but highly recommended
Peel and roughly slice the ginger.
Peel and cut the onion 8 wedges.
Add these and all the rest of the ingredients into a food processor.
Whiz into a chunky (yet still liquid) sauce before serving or storing.
- Add more onion if you prefer a chunkier sauce.
- If you want a thicker sauce, reduce the liquids a bit.
- You can use a blender if you prefer.
- You don't need to grate your ginger or onion first - the food processor will do this for you.
- There is just 1 WW vBlue Plan SmartPoint in a serving of this.
Calories: 31kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 811mg | Potassium: 62mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg